BEHAVIOUR ONLINE COURSE
Trauma Triggered Behaviour Online Course
”This is what I wished I’d had 25 years ago before my (adopted) children arrived from the Care System”.
- Are you struggling to understand an adopted or foster child’s actions?
- Do you feel stressed, isolated and a rubbish parent who has lost control?
- Do you despair when well meaning people say “all children do that”?
- Do you fear for their (and your) future?
- Have you tried other parenting courses? Stickers? Negotiation? Threats? Bribes? All to no avail?
- Are you a professional working with families who parent hurt and/or maltreated children?
The problem is that adopted and foster children have a traumatic start to life which affects their ability to bond and trust. They take a double hit. Firstly their developmental needs were not met and secondly they repeatedly had overwhelming and distressing experiences which lodged in their psyche.
They need therapeutic re-parenting to undo the damage and fill in the gaps. This presents a unique leadership and parenting challenge for you, especially if no one around you understands.
The Trauma Triggered Behaviour Online Course offers you hope. Grounded in reality, based on sound research, proven behavioural science and leadership skills: this course offers understanding, a robust framework and fresh techniques to manage kids and yourself. Created and delivered by Helen Oakwater, an experienced adopter, coach and author who for decades lived with children who hurt. The live workshop has received high praise throughout the UK, Australia and New Zealand from parents and professionals.
Who is Helen Oakwater and why can you trust her?
Since adopting a sibling group in 1992, Helen’s quest has been to understand and transform the legacy of childhood trauma; hence her continuous learning and global travelling to study with great mentors. Her first book, Bubble Wrapped Children: How social networking is transforming the face of 21st century adoption, generated much media interest. A former teacher, now an international coach, trainer and speaker, she incorporates NLP, various coaching methods and business models into her work. She is always looking for fresh effective approaches and new ways of healing trauma. She only incorporates methodologies she knows and trusts. She served 6 years as a trustee for Adoption UK, sat on 2 Local Authority adoption panels and was a member of the UK Government’s Adoption Task Force. She continues to mentor and listen to adopters, foster carers and professionals.
Helen Oakwater walks the talk and talks the walk. Explore the material on the FAB Parents website to reassure yourself you are in safe knowledgeable hands.
What Do You Get For Your Investment?
- Continuous access to the material 24/7
- A chance to experience training from Helen Oakwater herself. Helen has an international reputation for innovate, engaging and effective training
- Material that will transform your thinking and your parenting
- Strategies and skills that will empower you
- A clear picture of how childhood maltreatment and neglect impacts brain functioning and is outside our conscious control
- Tools for transformation
- Several new, simple step-by-step strategies to control your own reactions and calmly manage children’s highly challenging, emotionally charged behaviour
- A fresh perspective on contact and social media intrusions
- A graphic model of child development and impact of gaps
This online course is designed for individual use only. If you are an organisation who wants to use this material, please contact Helen Oakwater directly. Integrity works both ways at FAB Parents.
Helen Oakwater and FAB Parents offers you a 30 day 100% no quibble money back guarantee if you are not fully satisfied.
- 12 modules and 38 lessons
- Videos from a full one day workshop filmed in front of a live audience
- Over 3.7 hours of professionally filmed and edited video
- Over 4 hours of edited audio recording of a different ‘advanced’ workshop
- Exercises for you to complete and share with others including your children
- Clear, comprehensive and extensive material from wide ranging sources
- Several videos you can send to others to help them understand
After watching the videos and engaging in the exercises you will have a very different view of your role. You will feel more in control, more able to tolerate challenging behaviour. You will recognise what you need to change and will have resources to share with family members, professionals and friends whose support and help you require.
This is not a one size fits all approach. It’s a coherent framework for thinking, ensuring you design a unique route map for your family, based on robust principles.
Trauma Triggered Behaviour Testimonial - Rachel
Trauma Triggered Behaviour Testimonial - Katie
The one day workshop Trauma Triggered Behaviour has been delivered by Helen Oakwater to thousands of people in UK, Australia and New Zealand and continues to be commissioned by various organisations including fostering and adoption agencies, Local Authorities and training organisations.
This Maori call was sung to Helen at the end of the workshop in Rotorua, New Zealand. Helen welled up. The singer kindly wrote the words.
‘I had a wonderful opportunity to complete my final year university placement at Team Fostering. I was given the opportunity to attend the conference with Helen Oakwater on Trauma Triggered Behavior which was one of the most moving experiences I’ve had on placement and through all my professional practice. I, being a care leaver myself felt it was not only beneficial for my professional development but this enabled me to understand some
of the behaviours I presented as a child / young person. I felt that Helen’s workshop was absolutely fantastic in enabling a thorough understanding and gained knowledgeable information and strategies in being able to reflect on my professional development and work with young people in overcoming these very barriers that could have been prevented. Helen was very professional in her delivery and ensured everyone understood what was being said. If anybody has the opportunity to attend one of Helen Oakwater’s events, then please do as you wont be disappointed, she will give you methods and strategies in supporting children and young people with Trauma Triggered Behavior’.
Placement , Team Fostering
SAMPLE THE TRAUMA TRIGGERED BEHAVIOUR INTRODUCTORY VIDEO
Teaster of online course. It’s a free sample and suitable for all. Six video lessons (27 minutes) giving a juicy overview into the world of Trauma Triggered Behaviour.
Free Taster TTB Online Course