International Trainer, Speaker, Coach, author of Bubble Wrapped Children & Want to Adopt and adoptive parent.
Helen is the founder of FAB Parents.
A little about me. I adopted a sibling group (aged 5,4,2) in the early 1990s from the UK Care System. My approach is pragmatic and real. I have lived with children who lie, steal, self-harm and were expelled from schools, amongst many other things.
I have worn many different hats in the adoption and fostering world, including:
– running a local ( Adoption UK) support group for adopters for a decade
– membership of the Government Adoption Task Force
– trustee for the charity Adoption UK for 6 years
– delivered training on Trauma Triggered Behaviour to thousands of parents and professionals in the UK, Australia and New Zealand
– conference speaker and lobbyist.
Helen Oakwater is a leading learner. She has a commitment (some might call it an addiction) to learning, self improvement, digesting information then sharing the material, ideas and effective interventions. She has travelled the globe for several decades learning from the best in their field..
QUALIFICATIONS: Coaching related
NLP (Neuro Lingusitic Programming) (over 200 days)
- NLP Practitioner (2×20 days with Ian McDermott: ITS London)
- NLP Master Practitioner (2×20 days with with Ian McDermott: ITS London)
- NLP Coach (20 days with Ian McDermott & Jan Elfine: ITS London)
- NLP Trainer (20 days with Robert Dilts, Judy DeLozier, Suzi Smith: NLPU: Santa Cruz, California)
- NLP Coach & Modelling (16 days x2 with Robert Dilts, Judy DeLozier NLPU: Santa Cruz, California)
- Success Factor Modelling(15 days with Robert Dilts, Judy DeLozier NLPU: Santa Cruz, California)
- some courses were repeated after being invited to be part of the resource team
- plus various short courses, seminars, conferences etc
mBIT (multiple Brain Integration Technique)
- mBIT Coach (4 days with Suzanne Henwood: Birmingham)
- mBIT Master Coach (6 days with Grant Soosla, Suzanne Henwood,Wilbert Molenaar, Amsterdam)
- mBIT Coach Trainer (6 days with Grant Soosla: Melbourne, Australia).
TPM (Thought Pattern Management)
- Practitioner (12 days with Fiona Sutherland: Penzance, UK)
Group Mastery Certification (Group Dynamic & Non Verbal Communication skills)
- Fully Certified (2x 16 days with Michael Grinder, ITS London)
HELEN THE AUTHOR
Helen’s first book Bubble Wrapped Children: How Social networking is transforming the face of 21st-century adoption published in 2012, took the issue of how Facebook is enabling birth families to reconnect to their children (who had been removed by the courts) onto the front page of The Times newspaper and national press.
Helen’s second book "Want to Adopt how to prepare yourself to parent a child from the care system” is now available to buy worldwide and we are delighted to announce it reached #4 on the Amazon Bestseller’s List.
Helen is an avid traveller and adventurer and can be seen on any of the 4 corners of the world, trying something new and sharing her knowledge.
‘My thirst for learning continues and grows.’ – Helen
She is also a highly qualified and experienced Executive and Personal Coach, mBIT and NLP Trainer, working with clients from various backgrounds to help them create a compelling future and dissolve past traumas.
HELEN THE COACH
The lessons Helen has learned from coaching map across into her writing and training. She has been a professional Coach for almost two decades. Her clients are international, generally with big ideas, passion, courage and a sense of humour.
In the future you will be able to
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FAB PARENTS NEWSLETTER
Just checking if you breath, smile and are not a robot!