The legacy of childhood trauma is huge and complex. The more you understand, the more you can do in your field to either prevent or heal childhood trauma.
These links and resources will aid your learning. (Please let us know if any of the links stop working).
TED TALKS: in no specific order
- How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime. Nadine Burke Harris (Paediatrician)
- A call to connection: Making Child trauma Personal. Dr Allison Jackson
- Drowning in Empathy: The cost of vicarious trauma: Amy Cunningham (Heads up, she does not mention being the parent of a traumatised child, but that hat fits).
- The Paradox of Trauma Informed care: Dr Vicky Kelly (This actually explores Developmental Trauma i.e. trauma in childhood)
- How do we stop childhood Adversity from becoming a Life experience : Benjamin Perks (Stands in childs shoes and explores ACE -Adverse Childhood Experience)
OTHER BRILLIANT RESOURCES: in no specific order
- The Repair of Trauma: A Bottom Up Approach Info graphic video (11.2 minutes) explaining 7 components of developmental trauma from Beacon House